Lori Adessa: Music Teacher
Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- Brent Thomson -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- GTR Consulting
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Mill Valley Market (our FIRST Business Partner in 1987!)
- Mill Valley Wine, Beer, and Gourmet Food Tasting
- MV Code Club
- Rose Insurance Group
- Sharon Kramlich -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- Sweetwater Music Hall
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods E. Blithedale and Miller Ave.
- Woody's Yogurt Place
- Anthony Leite Personalized Dentistry
- Ashraf Orthodontics
- Boo Koo
- Bucky Dog
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Christensen Construction
- Dhana Inc.
- Bradly Jacobs, MD, Blue Wave Medicine
- Fairytale Brownies
- Famous 4
- Good Earth Natural Foods
- Joan Kermath -- Decker Bullock Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Joshua Deitch Real Estate Agent
- Kathleen Clifford -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Katrina Kehl -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Hospital
- Lola of North Beach
- Marin Optometry
- Marion Weinreb and Associates, Inc.
- Michelle J. Gonzalez, DDS
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Phibbs Construction
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Sage Educators
- Sausalito Stationery
- State Farm Insurance -- Mike King
- Strawberry Village Retail, LLC
- Verus Technology
Lori Adessa has been teaching music in Mill Valley since 1993. Lori began her musical career at age 10, specializing in 5-string bluegrass banjo. She has a BS in Music Therapy from Indiana University, where she majored in classical guitar. She spent the first half of her post-college career as a music therapist with a geriatric population in nursing homes, retirement homes, and adult day care facilities. She conducted a Senior Rhythm Band of 20 residents that performed once a month for various senior centers and elementary schools in and around Georgetown, Texas.
Before receiving her music credential from California, she received a teaching credential in Georgia, where she taught K-5 general music for two years. Lori currently teaches music classes at Park (K-3), Tam Valley (K-2) and Old Mill (K-2). She lives in San Francisco with her husband, daughter (a Tam Valley student), and her father, and loves bowling, swimming, hiking , traveling, cooking, baking and eating anything French. Her new passion is learning to play flamenco guitar so that she can accompany her daughter dancing Flamenco.
Lori is always on the lookout for teachers or parents who share her love of bluegrass music…contact her if you’d like to jam or know someone who does!
- Music Classes for Grades K-2 at Old Mill and Tam Valley
- Music Classes for Grades K-3 at Park