Dan DiPierro: Art Teacher
Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- Brent Thomson -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- GTR Consulting
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Mill Valley Market (our FIRST Business Partner in 1987!)
- Mill Valley Wine, Beer, and Gourmet Food Tasting
- MV Code Club
- Rose Insurance Group
- Sharon Kramlich -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- Sweetwater Music Hall
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods E. Blithedale and Miller Ave.
- Woody's Yogurt Place
- Anthony Leite Personalized Dentistry
- Ashraf Orthodontics
- Boo Koo
- Bucky Dog
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Christensen Construction
- Dhana Inc.
- Bradly Jacobs, MD, Blue Wave Medicine
- Fairytale Brownies
- Famous 4
- Good Earth Natural Foods
- Joan Kermath -- Decker Bullock Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Joshua Deitch Real Estate Agent
- Kathleen Clifford -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Katrina Kehl -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Hospital
- Lola of North Beach
- Marin Optometry
- Marion Weinreb and Associates, Inc.
- Michelle J. Gonzalez, DDS
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Phibbs Construction
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Sage Educators
- Sausalito Stationery
- State Farm Insurance -- Mike King
- Strawberry Village Retail, LLC
- Verus Technology
Art Teacher, Mill Valley Middle School
Born and raised on Long Island, N.Y.
Daniel is a visual artist with a concentration on painting and drawing. He received his Masters of Arts in Painting at CSU Sacramento in 1980. Much of his two dimensional and installation work over the past 35 years has included a wide variety of mixed-media, including found objects, assemblage and collage.
He spent 14 years as Artist-in-Residence at San Francisco’s Exploratorium where he explored the integration of art, science and perception, as well as the inquiry process, while working collaboratively with physicists, artists, teachers and students. It was during this time that he began a professional relationship with teachers and students in the Mill Valley School District. He has remained involved in arts education his entire career, receiving his Bachelor of Science in Arts Education from SUNY at New Paltz, New York in 1973, and has continued to combine his passions for teaching and making art throughout Northern California, as well as spending time teaching and exhibiting his work in Japan, Italy and India.
Daniel joined the Art Department at Mill Valley Middle School fifteen years ago, around that same time he started his family and moved to Mill Valley, along with his wife Tracy Ginther (also an artist) and two sons who attended Edna McGuire and MVMS.
- Art Classes for Middle School
- Dan’s Artwork
- Dan’s school web page