Anna Stearns: Music Teacher
Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- Brent Thomson -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- GTR Consulting
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Mill Valley Market (our FIRST Business Partner in 1987!)
- Mill Valley Wine, Beer, and Gourmet Food Tasting
- MV Code Club
- Rose Insurance Group
- Sharon Kramlich -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- Sweetwater Music Hall
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods E. Blithedale and Miller Ave.
- Woody's Yogurt Place
- Anthony Leite Personalized Dentistry
- Ashraf Orthodontics
- Boo Koo
- Bucky Dog
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Christensen Construction
- Dhana Inc.
- Bradly Jacobs, MD, Blue Wave Medicine
- Fairytale Brownies
- Famous 4
- Good Earth Natural Foods
- Joan Kermath -- Decker Bullock Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Joshua Deitch Real Estate Agent
- Kathleen Clifford -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Katrina Kehl -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Hospital
- Lola of North Beach
- Marin Optometry
- Marion Weinreb and Associates, Inc.
- Michelle J. Gonzalez, DDS
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Phibbs Construction
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Sage Educators
- Sausalito Stationery
- State Farm Insurance -- Mike King
- Strawberry Village Retail, LLC
- Verus Technology
Anna Stearns has been involved in music, dance and theatre for most of her life. She studied piano for 9 years and studied vocal music with Patrice McGinnis at UC Santa Cruz. She has studied West and Central African percussion, song and dance since 1996. She received her teaching credential from SF State in 1993, and her Orff-Schulwerk music teaching certification from Mills in 2001.
This is her 21st year teaching in the Mill Valley School District. She started out as a 4th grade classroom teacher at Park School (which she LOVED), but when a music position opened up 5 years later, she couldn’t resist. As a performing musician, highlights include opening for Joan Baez on her California tour in 2005/2006, and playing/singing with Big Bop and the Choppers, a Bay Area 50’s/60’s review band fronted by her dad for 14 years.
Theatrically, Anna has acted in Shakespeare Santa Cruz’ Summer reparatory, and is a 10-year veteran actor for Stagewrite, an amazing organization that brings plays and musicals written by 5th graders “from the page to the stage” of professional theatre houses in San Francisco. She has also taught drama classes for Marin Youth Performers through the Throckmorton Theatre. Anna has taught and performed West African and Brazilian music and dance in the Bay Area for the past 16 years.
She would like to honor her many teachers, particularly Doug Goodkin and Sofia Lopez-Ibor from the Orff-Schulwerk, Mabiba Baegne from the Congo, Naby Bangoura from Guinea, West Africa and Mandjou Kone from Mali. Anna is also the proud and humble parent of 6th grader at the Mill Valley Middle School.
- Music Classes for Grades 3-5