Alan Scofield: Dance Teacher
Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- Brent Thomson -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- GTR Consulting
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Mill Valley Market (our FIRST Business Partner in 1987!)
- Mill Valley Wine, Beer, and Gourmet Food Tasting
- MV Code Club
- Rose Insurance Group
- Sharon Kramlich -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- Sweetwater Music Hall
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods E. Blithedale and Miller Ave.
- Woody's Yogurt Place
- Anthony Leite Personalized Dentistry
- Ashraf Orthodontics
- Boo Koo
- Bucky Dog
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Christensen Construction
- Dhana Inc.
- Bradly Jacobs, MD, Blue Wave Medicine
- Fairytale Brownies
- Famous 4
- Good Earth Natural Foods
- Joan Kermath -- Decker Bullock Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Joshua Deitch Real Estate Agent
- Kathleen Clifford -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Katrina Kehl -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Hospital
- Lola of North Beach
- Marin Optometry
- Marion Weinreb and Associates, Inc.
- Michelle J. Gonzalez, DDS
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Phibbs Construction
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Sage Educators
- Sausalito Stationery
- State Farm Insurance -- Mike King
- Strawberry Village Retail, LLC
- Verus Technology
Alan Scofield has joyously worked as a Mill Valley district dance educator for the last 16 years, teaching Kindergarten, 4th and 5th grades. Author, voice actor, curriculum designer and storyteller, he is also a nationally respected master teacher in dance and an innovator in the field of arts integration. An arts educator for thirty years, his educational strategies are used by educators in Northern California, engaging creative discovery in the classroom.
In 1987 he co-founded Young Imaginations, an arts education agency dedicated to placing the arts at the core of the educational process. His 2007 co-founding of The Story Home, a premier website for classic and original audio stories for children continues in the tradition of inspiring young imaginations.
An associate professor at the College of Marin, he is currently designing a college course that will teach writing and dance as interrelated arts.
Corporations have enthusiastically sought his creative motivation strategies for team building and leadership, prizing his unorthodox but highly effective movement workshops.
- Dance for Grades K, 4 and 5