Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- Brent Thomson -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- GTR Consulting
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Mill Valley Market (our FIRST Business Partner in 1987!)
- Mill Valley Wine, Beer, and Gourmet Food Tasting
- MV Code Club
- Rose Insurance Group
- Sharon Kramlich -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- Sweetwater Music Hall
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods E. Blithedale and Miller Ave.
- Woody's Yogurt Place
- Anthony Leite Personalized Dentistry
- Ashraf Orthodontics
- Boo Koo
- Bucky Dog
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Christensen Construction
- Dhana Inc.
- Bradly Jacobs, MD, Blue Wave Medicine
- Fairytale Brownies
- Famous 4
- Good Earth Natural Foods
- Joan Kermath -- Decker Bullock Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Joshua Deitch Real Estate Agent
- Kathleen Clifford -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Katrina Kehl -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Hospital
- Lola of North Beach
- Marin Optometry
- Marion Weinreb and Associates, Inc.
- Michelle J. Gonzalez, DDS
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Phibbs Construction
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Sage Educators
- Sausalito Stationery
- State Farm Insurance -- Mike King
- Strawberry Village Retail, LLC
- Verus Technology
In the Visual Arts program, students learn to express themselves through drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, crafts, and photography. In addition, students consider art in terms of aesthetics, art history, and art criticism.
Kiddo! provides funding for one hour per week of specialized small group art instruction for each TK-5 classroom for the entire school year.
In Kindergarten, 4th grade, and 5th grade, your child will attend a Kiddo! funded art class every other week with half of his or her class, allowing the art teachers, as well as the classroom teachers, to work with small groups of students.
Students in grades 1-3 receive small-group sessions (with about half of the class) and the remainder with the entire class.
In Middle School students choose a Kiddo!-funded elective in 6th, 7th and 8th grades. About half of Middle School students elect to attend the Kiddo!-funded art elective. Students that opt for the art elective attend two art classes per week for the entire year.
Kiddo! also provides funding for art supplies and equipment for all TK-8 art classes.
Note: The Mill Valley School District manages the academic and administrative business for each school and subject — for both District- and Kiddo!-funded teachers and programs — including curriculum development, staffing, teacher professional development, class registration, grading, etc.
For more information about the Mill Valley School District Art Program, click here.
Elementary School Art Teachers:
- Jackie LaLanne: Edna Maguire and Old Mill
- Katie Thiel: Edna Maguire and Old Mill
- Gwen Perin: Park and Strawberry Point
- Patricia Tarigo Skerrett: Strawberry Point
- Sheila Campbell: Tam Valley
Middle School Art Teachers