Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- Brent Thomson -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- GTR Consulting
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Mill Valley Market (our FIRST Business Partner in 1987!)
- Mill Valley Wine, Beer, and Gourmet Food Tasting
- MV Code Club
- Rose Insurance Group
- Sharon Kramlich -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- Sweetwater Music Hall
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods E. Blithedale and Miller Ave.
- Woody's Yogurt Place
- Anthony Leite Personalized Dentistry
- Ashraf Orthodontics
- Boo Koo
- Bucky Dog
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Christensen Construction
- Dhana Inc.
- Bradly Jacobs, MD, Blue Wave Medicine
- Fairytale Brownies
- Famous 4
- Good Earth Natural Foods
- Joan Kermath -- Decker Bullock Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Joshua Deitch Real Estate Agent
- Kathleen Clifford -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Katrina Kehl -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Hospital
- Lola of North Beach
- Marin Optometry
- Marion Weinreb and Associates, Inc.
- Michelle J. Gonzalez, DDS
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Phibbs Construction
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Sage Educators
- Sausalito Stationery
- State Farm Insurance -- Mike King
- Strawberry Village Retail, LLC
- Verus Technology
In the music program, students listen to and perform, read and describe, create and appreciate, a multicultural variety of songs, melodies, and rhythms.
Elementary students learn about the five elements of music – pitch, rhythm, expression, form, and texture – with new layers of musical understanding building as they progress from one grade to the next. Through instrumental instruction in grades 4-8, chorus in grades 3-5, and the Middle School choral program, students apply what they learned in the early grades, giving performances in which they aim to master tone quality, pitch, tuning and intonation, and rhythmic and melodic perception. Students who participate in Chorus, Orchestra, Band or Jazz Band will have opportunities to share their skills with the community through public concerts and competitions.
Note: The Mill Valley School District manages the academic and administrative business for each school and subject — for both District- and Kiddo!-funded teachers and programs — including curriculum development, staffing, teacher professional development, class registration, grading, etc. For more information about the Mill Valley School District, visit www.mvschools.org.
Choir grades 4-8
In the spring of 2015 the MVMS Choir traveled to Anaheim. They performed a concert in Disneyland as part of the Disney Performing Arts Program, and competed in the Music in the Parks competition in Orange County. Here are the awards they received:
- Boys Chorus received a rating of Excellent and 1st Place in their division.
- Concert Choir received a rating of Excellent and 1st Place in their division.
- Bel Canto received a rating of Superior and 1st Place in their division.
- World Music Ensemble received a rating of Superior and 1st Place in their division.
- Chamber Choir received a rating of Superior, 1st Place in their division, and Best Overall Middle School Choir at the competition.
- Lance Sell received an award for best student accompanist.
- Logan Paglinawan received an award for best vocal soloist.
- Amanika Rapplin received a special mention at the awards ceremony for her dancing with the World Music Ensemble.
Way to go, MVMS Choirs and World Music Ensemble!
Orchestra grades 4-8
Music in the Parks Music Festival in 2016. Here are the awards they received:
- Chamber Orchestra received a rating of “Superior” and First Place (Discovery Kingdom)
- Advanced Orchestra received a rating of “Excellent” and 1st place (Great America)
- Intermediate Orchestra received a rating of “Excellent” and 1st place (Great America)
- 5th grade Orchestra received a rating of “Superior” and First Place (Discovery Kingdom)
Marin County Music Educators Association Festival, College of Marin (Kentfield), January, 2016
- Chamber Orchestra received a rating of “Superior” with a score of 98 out of 100.
The MVMS Band competed in the Music in the Parks Festival at Great America in Santa Clara. They competed against bands from throughout the U.S. including Texas, Nevada and Oregon. Here are the awards they received:
- Advanced Percussion Ensemble– CMEA Solo Ensemble Festival, Superior Command Performance
- Advanced Band– CMEA Band Festival, Unanimous Superior
- Intermediate Band– CMEA Band Festival, Excellent
- Advanced Jazz Band– CMEA Jazz Festival, Excellent
- Intermediate Jazz Band– CMEA Jazz Festival, Good
They played extremely well and received a lot of praise from the judges.