Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- Brent Thomson -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- GTR Consulting
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Mill Valley Market (our FIRST Business Partner in 1987!)
- Mill Valley Wine, Beer, and Gourmet Food Tasting
- MV Code Club
- Rose Insurance Group
- Sharon Kramlich -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- Sweetwater Music Hall
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods E. Blithedale and Miller Ave.
- Woody's Yogurt Place
- Anthony Leite Personalized Dentistry
- Ashraf Orthodontics
- Boo Koo
- Bucky Dog
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Christensen Construction
- Dhana Inc.
- Bradly Jacobs, MD, Blue Wave Medicine
- Fairytale Brownies
- Famous 4
- Good Earth Natural Foods
- Joan Kermath -- Decker Bullock Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Joshua Deitch Real Estate Agent
- Kathleen Clifford -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Katrina Kehl -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Hospital
- Lola of North Beach
- Marin Optometry
- Marion Weinreb and Associates, Inc.
- Michelle J. Gonzalez, DDS
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Phibbs Construction
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Sage Educators
- Sausalito Stationery
- State Farm Insurance -- Mike King
- Strawberry Village Retail, LLC
- Verus Technology
In the dance program, students shake, rattle, and roll; as they explore the freedom of movement and develop their kinesthetic sense.
Mill Valley School District provides a grade level standards-based dance unit for Kindergarten through 5th grade students.
Kindergarten students experience an inspiring 30-session program that celebrates both “American Traditions” and “Dances Near & Far.”
Partnering with 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade PE Teachers, Kiddo! funded dance specialists share classroom management, grade appropriate curriculum and strategies for leading movement activities. Students have fun dancing while they also learn social skills, cooperation and skilled coordination.
In 4th and 5th grades, students kick up their heels with a lively unit entitled “Dance Through the Decades.” In addition to learning all sorts of new dance movements, students learn the historical context surrounding the music and dances explored.
In addition, there a dance/yoga unit for all 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. These multi-session programs take place during P.E., and give students an opportunity to practice mindfulness as well as learn dance moves to their favorite songs.
Note: The Mill Valley School District manages the academic and administrative business for each school and subject — for both District- and Kiddo!-funded teachers and programs — including curriculum development, staffing, teacher professional development, class registration, grading, etc.
For more information about the Mill Valley School District, visit www.mvschools.org.