Kiddo! Thermometers Track Kiddo! 2015 Campaign Progress
Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- Brent Thomson -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- GTR Consulting
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Mill Valley Market (our FIRST Business Partner in 1987!)
- Mill Valley Wine, Beer, and Gourmet Food Tasting
- MV Code Club
- Rose Insurance Group
- Sharon Kramlich -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- Sweetwater Music Hall
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods E. Blithedale and Miller Ave.
- Woody's Yogurt Place
- Anthony Leite Personalized Dentistry
- Ashraf Orthodontics
- Boo Koo
- Bucky Dog
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Christensen Construction
- Dhana Inc.
- Bradly Jacobs, MD, Blue Wave Medicine
- Fairytale Brownies
- Famous 4
- Good Earth Natural Foods
- Joan Kermath -- Decker Bullock Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Joshua Deitch Real Estate Agent
- Kathleen Clifford -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Katrina Kehl -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Hospital
- Lola of North Beach
- Marin Optometry
- Marion Weinreb and Associates, Inc.
- Michelle J. Gonzalez, DDS
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Phibbs Construction
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Sage Educators
- Sausalito Stationery
- State Farm Insurance -- Mike King
- Strawberry Village Retail, LLC
- Verus Technology
NEWS FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kiddo!, the Mill Valley Schools Community Foundation, has placed its distinctive red and yellow thermometers around town to highlight progress toward fulfilling its obligation of $3.1 million for the 2015-2016 school year.
As the primary fundraising partner for the Mill Valley School District, serving five elementary schools plus Mill Valley Middle School – about 3,300 total students, Kiddo! funds all art, music, dance, drama and poetry programs for the district. Kiddo! also funds classroom and library aides, physical education programs, technology needs, teacher grants, and professional development. Funds are raised through Kiddo!’s Annual Campaign, Business Partnerships, Endowment, and special events.
“Our great local public schools are a big part of why Mill Valley is such a special place to live,” said Bill Lampl, Kiddo!’s Executive Director. “The arts are part of the core curriculum in Mill Valley,” added Lampl. “None of these programs would exist without private contributions.”
Limited state funding and the addition of transitional Kindergarten classrooms make contributions from our local community the key to maintaining a complete education in Mill Valley’s public schools. Parents and local businesses have already contributed $2.6 million this year. Kiddo! now asks the greater Mill Valley community to join this effort by making a contribution to Kiddo! before December 31, 2015.
“Everyone understands the value of a well-rounded arts education, to bring out the best in the kids. Some of our most committed donors don’t even have students in the district. It’s an investment in our community,” said Lampl.
Tax-deductible donations can be made online at www.kiddo.org or mailed to 409 Sycamore Ave, Mill Valley, 94941. Kiddo! also accepts donations of appreciated stock, real estate, cars, and life insurance premiums, all of which have the potential to provide significant tax deductions for the donor.
For more information, please contact the Kiddo! office at (415) 389-7789 or visit the Kiddo! website at www.kiddo.org.