Welcome Back to School!
Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- Brent Thomson -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- GTR Consulting
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Mill Valley Market (our FIRST Business Partner in 1987!)
- Mill Valley Wine, Beer, and Gourmet Food Tasting
- MV Code Club
- Rose Insurance Group
- Sharon Kramlich -- Pacific Union Int'l Real Estate
- Sweetwater Music Hall
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods E. Blithedale and Miller Ave.
- Woody's Yogurt Place
- Anthony Leite Personalized Dentistry
- Ashraf Orthodontics
- Boo Koo
- Bucky Dog
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Christensen Construction
- Dhana Inc.
- Bradly Jacobs, MD, Blue Wave Medicine
- Fairytale Brownies
- Famous 4
- Good Earth Natural Foods
- Joan Kermath -- Decker Bullock Sotheby's Int'l Realty
- Joshua Deitch Real Estate Agent
- Kathleen Clifford -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Katrina Kehl -- Pacifc Union Int'l Real Estate
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Hospital
- Lola of North Beach
- Marin Optometry
- Marion Weinreb and Associates, Inc.
- Michelle J. Gonzalez, DDS
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Phibbs Construction
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Sage Educators
- Sausalito Stationery
- State Farm Insurance -- Mike King
- Strawberry Village Retail, LLC
- Verus Technology
Our children are a community treasure. Kiddo!’s vision is to inspire students to tap into their creative energy to reach their full potential by funding arts education and other vital programs. Our mission is to support quality educational programs in the arts and other areas for each child in the Mill Valley School District.
I am delighted to report that Kiddo! has expanded its program funding to the MVSD for the 2015-16 school year. Highlights include:
- Expanded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade dance program
- Expanded poetry program in grade 3
- Expanded 6th grade Greek Mythology drama program in collaboration with Marin Theatre Company
- New Transitional Kindergarten (TK) programs in PE, art, and music plus classroom aides
- Technology software and hardware funding for classrooms
- 7% increase in art supplies budget
- 7% increase in 2nd grade drama program budget
- 23% increase in Innovative Teacher Grant Program budget (K-8)
Kiddo! will also continue to fund close to 100 teachers and specialists, leading an astonishing 27,327 classes – that’s almost 23,000 hours worth of arts education. Here’s a look at this year, by the numbers:
- 100% of our district’s art teachers and art supplies. That translates to 8 art teachers teaching a total of 5544 classes throughout the school year!
- 100% of the funding for Instrumental Music programs, Instruments and Music Supplies. There are three instrumental music teachers for fourth through eighth grades that teach a total of 1364 classes in addition to directing all of the wonderful performances throughout the school year.
- 100% of the funding for Vocal Music programs, including five music teachers who provide weekly instruction for K-5 grades for a total of 3,384 classes, and a Chorus program for grades 3-5 and Middle School with an additional 504 classes.
- 100% of funding for Performing Arts programs in 2nd, 4th, and 5th grades, Curriculum-based Drama for 6th and 8th grades, and a Shakespeare program for 7th grade. Kiddo! also provides funding for the Middle School Cabaret.
- 100% of funding for Poetry programs for 1st and 3rd-6th grades for a total of 497 poetry sessions
- $350,000 for Physical Education and Dance classes. P.E. teachers will provide weekly P.E. for kindergartners and daily P.E. for 1st-5th grades for a total of 14, 616 classes! There will also be Dance units for kindergarten thru 8th grades for a total of 1,418 dance sessions.
- $205,000 in District-wide technology support personnel.
- $480,000 for Classroom aides at all of our elementary schools and Library aides for all MVSD schools.
- $80,000 for classroom technology hardware and software purchases
- $57,000 in Innovative Teaching Grants.
Here’s to a great 2015-16 school year! If you have not yet made your contribution to Kiddo! for the 2015 Annual Campaign, please donate today. Our goal is to get to 100% participation. Donate to Kiddo! today.
Thank you for all of your support!!