Kiddo!, the Mill Valley Schools Community Foundation
Support The Businesses That Support Our SchoolsSee all business partners
- El Paseo
- First Republic Bank - Tina Jennings
- Grooms Wealth Management
- GTR Consulting
- Kivu Consulting
- Larkspur Landing Veterinary Clinic
- Mill Valley Market
- OXB Studio Architects
- Pacific Union Real Estate - Brent Thomson
- Pacific Union - Sharon Kramlich
- Safeway Stores
- Sage Educators
- Schools Rule Marin
- Shahin Javaheri, MD - Advanced Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Speak To Me
- State Farm-Michael King
- Sycamore Park Preschool
- West America Tae Kwon Do
- Whole Foods Market
- Ami J. Hontalas, CPA
- Anthony Leite Family Dentistry
- Boo Koo
- Canine Cove
- Carlson Orthodontics
- Decker Bullock Sotheby’s International Realty – David Eddy and Joan Kermath
- Decker Bullock Sothebys International Realty - Melissa Crawford
- Dhana EcoKids
- DLM Architects
- Dr. Bradly Jacobs
- Gourmet Walks
- Jim Hughes Photography
- Law Offices of Anthony Brass
- Lebus Orthodontics
- Marin Optometry
- Milvali Salon and Cosmetics
- Pacific Union - Kathleen Clifford
- Rotary Club of Mill Valley
- Shirley Parks Design
- Yolo Yogurt Lounge
Executive Director Job Posting
Kiddo!, the Mill Valley Schools Community Foundation, is a volunteer-driven, non-profit fundraising organization that has proudly supported the Mill Valley public school district for more than 30 years. Since 1982, Kiddo! has raised funding to preserve comprehensive art and music programs that otherwise would have been eliminated due to state budget cuts. In recent years, Kiddo!’s funding has expanded to include other vital programs, including P.E., technology, and classroom and library aides, which help ensure educational excellence for 3,250 students in Mill Valley’s six K-8 schools. Today, Kiddo! contributes nearly $3 million annually to enrich public school education and enable every student to reach their full potential.
Kiddo! is looking for a dynamic ED who will be an enthusiastic and passionate advocate of Kiddo!’s mission. Strong focus will be placed on developing and implementing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization, nurturing and building district, family and business partnerships, and expanding awareness of Kiddo! within the community it serves. An experienced and proven fundraiser, the ED will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for revenue growth and business development. Working closely with the Board of Directors, superintendent, school board and other stakeholders, the ED will need to be a confident professional who brings creativity, vision and energy to the position. He/she will have the ability to become a visible and respected leader in the community. Leading ED candidates also will have demonstrated experience developing and managing office staff, overseeing day-to-day operations of an organization, and preparing a comprehensive annual budget.
Necessary Experience and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of cause-related fundraising and development
- An understanding of the education community and education foundations
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including strong organizational, teambuilding and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills and professional demeanor
- Proficient with technology, social media and databases
- Financial analysis and management expertise
- Experience in the non-profit sector and/or field of education preferred
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required
Position type: Full-time salaried employee. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Requires evening meetings and some weekend events.
To apply: Please direct confidential inquiries including resume, letter of interest and any letter(s) of recommendation to email@example.com. Private applicants only.
Our deadline for accepting resumes is March 1, 2013.
For a full job description click here or visit www.kiddo.org.
Thank you for your interest in Kiddo!